Why My Cat Sleeps on My Pillow

Does anyone else have this issue and do you know why she has started doing it. There are several reasons that your cat might prefer to sleep on your pillow.


6 Interesting Reasons Why Your Cat Sleeps On Your Pillow Catvills Cat Sleeping Kitten Love Cats

If you have a cat you might be wondering Why does my cat sleep above my head to hide away from predators Your.

. I love her but I move a lot in my sleep and Im afraid Im going to hit her or something in my sleep. In most situations cat on a pillow immediately after you just got up. Its up to you whether or not you let your cat sleep on your pillow.

So naturally when its time for bed Bixby wants to curl up on the highest point of your bed. Tired lumbering human climbs into bed and puts head down into pillows. In the past 3 or 4 months my cat has taken to sleeping on top of my pillow right above my head.

Felines naturally have an order of hierarchy -- one cat is more dominant than the other. Your cat sleeps on your pillow to get a heat source from you. Also the scent may remind your cat of you so that it feels safe and secure if surrounded by the scent of its guardian and servant.

Instead of your cats body working hard to keep at this temperature. She never did it before and she doesnt do it to my husband. Second cats are territorial.

Why does my cat sleep on my pillow when Im gone. I have other rooms Ive sneaked off to the spare. Maybe Bixby is always up high staking out his territory.

Heat escapes your head as youve surely heard. They may fight with other cats to establish dominance. Here are some common reasons why your cat is sleeping on your pillow.

Your cat might opt to sleep on your pillow rather than your head which many owners find more comfortable. Many cat owners may have purchased a cozy bed for their feline companions. This helps keep your cat warm and makes it easier on your cats body to keep it warm.

And all of these bodies generate heat. After all your cat spends most of its time doing whatever it wants including hogging your pillow. Theres a cat in a basket another at my feet.

Within a short time you will get to know why does my cat lick my pillow Why does my cat sleep on my pillow. If you disturb your cats sleep it may get a nervous feeling and a bad mood. Wee cat has climbed in to the pillowcase of the lower of the two pillows and gone to sleep.

She likes you and feels safe around you. Because it wants to sleep there. So sometimes the answer to the question of why does my cat sleep on my pillow is quite simple.

However sleeping on your pillow provides the same amount of heat comfort and protection that many cats feel while sleeping on their owners head. So if you have ever wondered if your cat really loves you or if to them you are just a useful human who happens to share the house this is a sure way for you to know the difference. Sleeping on your pillow provides them with added security.

The most common reason a cat sleeps on a persons pillow is to find protection. But Brussels who is more submissive stays low to the ground and hides in the corners. The main reason your cat will sleep on your pillow is to retain heat and maintain a higher body temperature.

They love high elevation and seek out pillows when they can find them. A cat that sleeps on your pillow is a cat that loves its human feels safe and assured that their human will not let any harm come to them and feels ownership for their home. The most obvious reason.

During the chilly winter nights we may discover that our cats are more likely to snuggle with us. A cats body heat helps it feel cozy and the pillow offers more lift than the beds foot. Should I Let My Cat Sleep On My Pillow.

If you own a cat you may be familiar with this scenario and are stuck with the puzzling question why does my cat sleep on my neck There are a few explanations behind it. Cats do whatever they want without a care in the world hence pet owners just have to cope with them. The warmth is probably one of the most obvious reasons why your cat sleeps on your pillow.

A cat may prefer a face-to-face interaction over a pillow. When a cat sleeps on a pillow it keeps your cat warm and cozy. Cats love to curl up and cuddle on a pillow about as much as humans.

So here I stay hot sweaty and cross. If you dont know why your cat sleeps on top of your head here are a few explanations for its habit. A few years ago I knew a cat Sappho who would climb into pillowcases.

Imagine two pillows in pillowcases stacked neatly on the bed. One of the hottest places of your body is your head. My cat rhyme.

Another thing is that the cats. So if the house is empty at night and she wants affection shell go and get it. With a child at my side and a cat on my head.

Getting Your Cat To Leave You Alone. When your cat does this they are seeking warmth. Theres not much room in my lovely bed.

Because its warm and cats like to sleep in warm places. Your cat likes you and feels safe around. Another reason why cats like to sleep on pillows is that they are usually warm.

Other common reasons may include. Check us out for further detailed cats health guide. Cats like to be around people they like and who show them affection.

Cats use their special glands to leave a. Similarly your cat may enjoy the feeling of not being disturbed while sleeping. Because cats have enhanced hearing vision taste and smell they can detect your heartbeat and your scent which may lull them to sleep.

It just makes it easier for your little furball to sleep on your pillow right by your head. While the cat does not sleep on it she sometimes rests on her owners neck. Your cat is trying to assert their dominance they are trying to display their affection or are looking out for you in.

Your cat needs to maintain their body temperature which is an average of 102 degrees Fahrenheit. Why do cats sleep on your head. Cats are predators who hunt in the night when its dark and need a place that is elevated and gives them a field of view over their territory.

But one by one they follow me there. Catered to cats for 38 years.


My Cat Sleeps In My Bed And Causes Chaos Catster Article Cat Sleeping Cats Cat Owners


Why Does My Cat Sleep On My Pillow I Can Explain Upgrade Your Cat Cat Sleeping Cats Buy A Kitten


Found This Guy Sleeping On My Pillow He S Not My Cat Cats Funny Animal Pictures Cute Animals

No comments for "Why My Cat Sleeps on My Pillow"